Skip to content
- Remember the rental agreement is a business contract and the tenant is your business partner in that contract – treat her/him as such.
- Know your responsibilities. Don’t cut corners – do it right.
- Inform the tenants about the process and what an Unlawful Detainer court will and will not decide.
- Inform the tenants of their responsibilities and their rights. Provide copies of or reference to the California Tenants document.2
- Plan for potential outcomes. Calculate your costs – know how much you can afford and how long you can wait to re-rent the unit.
- Do things to encourage good behavior and good outcomes.