Skip to content
- Remember settling the security deposit is part of the rental agreement and treat it seriously and honestly – the court will expect you have.
- Know your responsibilities. Make sure you have documentation to show your appropriate actions and understand the rules about “normal wear and tear.”
- Inform the tenants of their responsibilities and their rights. Refer questions to California Tenant.2
- Don’t cut corners – do it right. If you need help with an unusual situation – get help.
- Plan for potential outcomes. Calculate your costs, including your time.
Do things to encourage